P112F - Manifold Absolute Pressure To Throttle Angle Too High Bank 1
P112F Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Pipe Vacuum Sensor
- Intake Pipe Vacuum Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Intake Pipe Vacuum Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Throttle Body
How is the P112F code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P112F code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P112F code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P112F MeaningThe Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor is used to monitor engine load by sampling the depression in the inlet manifold. At idle speed, a large depression will exist because the throttle valve is in the idle load position and the cylinders of the engine act like an air pump against a restriction. A larger depression exists during over-run conditions because the throttle is in the idle load position and the engine speed is high. The inlet manifold depression disappears when the throttle is snapped open and the inlet manifold pressure is approximately equal to atmospheric pressure. A larger depression exists during over-run conditions because the throttle is in the idle load position and the engine speed is high.
The signal from the MAP sensor can be used for calculating the fuel injection quantity, rate of ignition advance or retard, boost pressure control, and idle speed control.
The Digital Motor Electronics (DME) diagnosis monitors the plausible position of the throttle valve in relation to the applied intake pipe vacuum. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is recognized when the monitored mass flow rate rises above a limit value.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P112F code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P112F BMW Manifold Absolute Pressure To Throttle Angle Too High Bank 1
- P112F BUICK Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P112F CADILLAC Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P112F CHEVROLET Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P112F GMC Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P112F MINI Manifold Absolute Pressure To Throttle Angle Too High Bank 1