P112B - Engine Coolant Temperature Too Low
P112B Possible Causes
- Low engine coolant
- Faulty Thermostat
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P112B code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P112B code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P112B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P112B MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal. The ECM sets the OBDII code when the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor is out of factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P112B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P112B BMW Engine Coolant Temperature Too Low
- P112B BUICK Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 Performance
- P112B CADILLAC Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 Performance
- P112B CHEVROLET Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 Performance
- P112B GMC Intake Air Temperature Sensor 3 Performance
- P112B MINI Engine Coolant Temperature Too Low