P1126 Possible Causes
- Fualty Throttle Control Motor relay
- Throttle Control Motor relay harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Control Motor relay circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1126
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1126 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1126 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1126 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1126 MeaningPower supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the Engine Control Module (ECM) via throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the ECM sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the ECM.
P1126 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1126 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1126 Information for specific makes
- P1126 AUDI Long Term Fuel Trim Adjustment Bank 2 System Too Lean
- P1126 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Sensor 2
- P1126 INFINITI Throttle Control Motor Relay Circuit Open
- P1126 INFINITI-2 Thermostat Function
- P1126 LEXUS Magnetic Clutch Circuit Malfunction
- P1126 NISSAN Throttle Control Motor Relay Circuit Open
- P1126 NISSAN-2 Thermostat Function
- P1126 TOYOTA Magnetic Clutch Circuit Malfunction
- P1126 VOLKSWAGEN Long Term Fuel Trim Adjustment Bank 2 System Too Lean