P1125 CHEVROLET - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Fault
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1125 Chevrolet Description
The accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor 1 and the APP sensor 2 are potentiometer type sensors, each with the following circuits:
• A 5-volt reference circuit
• A low reference circuit
• A signal circuit
The control module provides the APP sensors with a 5-volt reference circuit and a low reference circuit. The APP sensors then provide the control module signal voltages proportional to pedal movement. The APP sensor 1 signal voltage is low at rest and increases as the pedal is depressed.
The APP sensor 2 signal voltage is low at rest and increases as the pedal is depressed. When the control module detects that the APP sensor 1 and the APP sensor 2 signal circuits are out of correlation with each other, DTC P1125 sets.