P1124 2003 FORD F150 - Throttle Position Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
P1124 2003 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Binding or bent throttle linkage
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor
- Throttle Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged PCM
How do I fix code P1124 2003 FORD F150?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1124 2003 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1124 2003 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a Thottle Position (TP) sensor return voltage above or below expected value at an idle condition
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1124 2003 FORD F150 MeaningThe Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) responds to the accelerator pedal movement. The TPS is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. As the TPS is rotated by the throttle shaft, the following operating conditions are determined by the PCM:
• Closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration)
• Part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration)
• Wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank)
• Throttle angle rate
P1124 2003 FORD F150 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1124 2003 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals