P1124 1998 FORD F150 - Throttle Position Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
P1124 1998 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Binding or bent throttle linkage
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor
- Throttle Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged PCM
How is the P1124 1998 FORD F150 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1124 1998 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1124 1998 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a Thottle Position (TP) sensor return voltage above or below expected value at an idle condition
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1124 1998 FORD F150 MeaningThe Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) responds to the accelerator pedal movement. The TPS is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. As the TPS is rotated by the throttle shaft, the following operating conditions are determined by the PCM:
• Closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration)
• Part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration)
• Wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank)
• Throttle angle rate
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1124 1998 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals