P1120 2007 FORD FUSION Code - Throttle Position Sensor Out of Range
|P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code possible causes
- Faulty throttle position sensor
- Throttle position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Throttle position sensor not properly adjusted
|How is the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code detected?Malfunction is detected when voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) is out of range.
|What are P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
|What is P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code meaning?The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) responds to the accelerator pedal movement. The TPS is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. As the TPS is rotated by the throttle shaft, the following operating conditions are determined by the PCM:
• Closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration)
• Part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration)
• Wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank)
• Throttle angle rate
|Need more information with the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code?Need more information on how to fix the P1120 2007 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals