P1120 2000 FORD F150 - Throttle Position Sensor Out of Range
P1120 2000 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Faulty throttle position sensor
- Throttle position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Throttle position sensor not properly adjusted
How is the P1120 2000 FORD F150 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1120 2000 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1120 2000 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
When is the code detected?Malfunction is detected when voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) is out of range.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
P1120 2000 FORD F150 MeaningThe Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) responds to the accelerator pedal movement. The TPS is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) that is linearly proportional to the throttle plate/shaft position. As the TPS is rotated by the throttle shaft, the following operating conditions are determined by the PCM:
• Closed throttle (includes idle or deceleration)
• Part throttle (includes cruise or moderate acceleration)
• Wide open throttle (includes maximum acceleration or de-choke on crank)
• Throttle angle rate
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1120 2000 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals