P111D GMC - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 – Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 Correlation
P111D GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Fuel Temperature Sensor 2
- Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P111D GMC
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P111D GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P111D GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P111D GMC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P111D GMC MeaningThe Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 and Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 1 are variable resistors. The fuel temperature sensor 2 is located at the fuel rail and the IAT Sensor 1 is part of the mass air flow intake air temperature (MAF/IAT) sensor assembly. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 V to the signal circuits, and a ground for each sensor's low reference circuit. The ECM monitors the and Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 and IAT Sensor 1 circuits in order to calculate the temperature of the fuel and air. The ECM monitors the Fuel Temperature Sensor 2 and IAT Sensor 1 signals for excessively high or low voltages, or for a voltage that is not in correlation with the other sensor's start up signal.
P111D GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P111D GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals