P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS - Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit Stack for Coolant Heat Storage System
P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS Possible Causes
- Coolant Heat Storage Tank
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor for CHS (Coolant Heat Storage)
- Low engine coolant level
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor for HST harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor for HST electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty engine coolant thermostat
How do I fix code P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUSCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS MeaningThe coolant heat storage (CHS) tank outlet temperature sensor is used for monitoring coolant temperature in the vicinity of the outlet port of the heat storage tank of the CHS system. The resistance of the sensor increases when the CHS tank outlet temperature is low, and conversely, the resistance decreases when the temperature is high. The changes in resistance are reflected in the voltage that is output by the sensor. The ECM monitors the sensor voltage and uses this value to control CHS system properly.
P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1116 2009 TOYOTA PRIUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals