P1111 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN - Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Circuit Bank 1
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine lack/loss of power
- Possible engine rough idle
P1111 2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Description
Intake valve timing control solenoid valve is activated by ON/OFF pulse duty (ratio) signals from the ECM. The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow.
The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle.
When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.