P1108 - Dual Alternator Battery Lamp Circuit Malfunction
P1108 Possible Causes
- Engine Control Module (ECM) outdated or incorrect software
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P1108 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1108 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1108 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation
P1108 MeaningThe Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor is built into the Engine Control Module (ECM) and monitors atmospheric pressure. The ECM estimates appropriate intake airflow from the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor output voltage and BARO sensor output voltage. If the BARO sensor output voltage is a specified value or more, the ECM detects a malfunction and a code is stored.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1108 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1108 ACURA Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1108 BUICK BARO To MAP Sensor Circuit Comparison Too High
- P1108 CADILLAC BARO To MAP Sensor Circuit Comparison Too High
- P1108 CHEVROLET BARO to MAP Sensor Comparison Too High
- P1108 FORD Dual Alternator Battery Lamp Circuit Malfunction
- P1108 GMC BARO to MAP Sensor Comparison Too High
- P1108 HONDA Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1108 HYUNDAI Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Short Circuit
- P1108 ISUZU Barometric Pressure Circuit Input High
- P1108 JAGUAR MAP Sensor Circuit Comparison Too High Voltage
- P1108 SUBARU Induction Control Solenoid Valve Circuit Malfunction
- P1108 SUZUKI Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor High Input