P1101 Possible Causes
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Air leak before or after sensor
- Mass Air Flow Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Mass Air Flow Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1101
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P1101 Tech NotesBefore replacing the mass air flow sensor, try replacing the air filter and cleaning the air flow sensor with mass air flow sensor cleaner. Reset code and drive vehicle. If the code comes back, it may be necessary to replaced the mass air flow sensor.
Cost of diagnosing the P1101 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1101 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1101 code detected?The Engine Control Module (ECM) detected a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor signal above or below calibrated limit
P1101 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1101 MeaningThe Mass Air Flow (MAF sensor circuit is monitored by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) for an out of range air flow (or voltage) input. If during key ON engine OFF the air flow voltage signal is greater than 0.27 volts the test fails. Likewise, if during key ON engine running, an air flow voltage signal is not within 0.46 volt to 2.44 volts, the test fails.
P1101 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1101 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1101 Information for specific makes
- P1101 AUDI HO2S11 Sensor Circuit Voltage Too Low Air Leak
- P1101 CHRYSLER Airbag Control Module Signal Received
- P1101 DODGE Airbag Control Module Signal Received
- P1101 FORD Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
- P1101 HYUNDAI Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Abnormal
- P1101 ISUZU Intake Air Flow System Performance
- P1101 JEEP Airbag Control Module Signal Received
- P1101 LINCOLN Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
- P1101 MAZDA Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
- P1101 MERCURY Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Self-Test Range
- P1101 MITSUBISHI Vacuum Control Solenoid Valve System Traction Control System
- P1101 SUBARU Neutral Position Switch Circuit High Input
- P1101 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S11 Sensor Circuit Voltage Too Low Air Leak