P10D7 - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
P10D7 Possible Causes
- Faulty Charge Air Cooler Outlet Temperature Sensor
- Charge Air Cooler Outlet Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Charge Air Cooler Outlet Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P10D7 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P10D7 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P10D7 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P10D7 MeaningThe Charge Air Cooler (CAC) temperature sensor 2 is a variable resistor. The sensor is located at the CAC outlet before the air flow valve. Its signal is used by the ECM to measure the temperature of the intake air exiting the CAC. The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies 5 V to the signal circuit and a ground for the low reference circuit. The ECM continuously monitors the sensor signal for an excessively high or low voltage, or for a start-up signal that is not in correlation with the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 3 start-up signal and fuel temperature sensor. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when the CAC temperature sensor 2 signal is colder than -60°C (-76°F) for greater than 6.5 s.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P10D7 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P10D7 BMW Valvetronic Relay Circuit Low
- P10D7 BUICK Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
- P10D7 CADILLAC Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
- P10D7 CHEVROLET Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
- P10D7 GMC Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High Voltage
- P10D7 MINI Valvetronic Relay Circuit Low