P1092 Possible Causes
- Faulty VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor Bank 2
- VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty VVEL control module
How do I fix code P1092
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1092 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1092 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1092 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1092 MeaningVVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) is a system that controls valve event and valve lift continuously. Rotational movement of the drive shaft equipped with eccentric cam is transmitted to output cam via the rocker arm and two kinds of links to depress the intake valve. The Engine Control Module (ECM) decides the target valve lift according to the driving condition and sends the command signal to the VVEL control module. The VVEL control module controls the rotation of the control shaft using the VVEL actuator motor and changes the movement of the output cam by shifting the link supporting point. As a result, valve lift changes continuously to improve engine output and response.
VVEL control shaft position sensor (1) is placed on VVEL actuator sub assembly and detects the control shaft position angle. A magnet is pressed into the arm on the edge of control shaft.
The magnetic field changes as the magnet rotates together with the arm resulting in the output voltage change of the sensor. VVEL control module detects the actual position angle through the voltage change and sends the signal to ECM.
P1092 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1092 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1092 Information for specific makes
- P1092 BMW Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Lean Bank 2
- P1092 INFINITI VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor Bank 2 Circuit
- P1092 MINI Pre-Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Lean Bank 2
- P1092 NISSAN VVEL Control Shaft Position Sensor Bank 2 Circuit
- P1092 PORSCHE Hot Film Mass Air Flow Sensor Under Limit Value
- P1092 SUBARU Tumble Generator Valve #2 Malfunction Stuck Open