P1084 NISSAN Code - Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 2 Circuit
|P1084 NISSAN code possible causes
- Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 2
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 2 harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
- Crankshaft position sensor
|How is the P1084 NISSAN code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P1084 NISSAN code
The cost to diagnose the P1084 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|When is the P1084 NISSAN code detected?
An excessively high or low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
|What are P1084 NISSAN code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P1084 NISSAN code meaning?
Exhaust valve timing control position sensor detects the concave groove of the exhaust camshaft rear end.
This sensor signal is used for sensing a position of the exhaust camshaft.
This sensor uses a Hall IC.
Based on the position of the exhaust camshaft, ECM
controls exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder to optimize the shut/open timing of exhaust valve for the driving condition.