P1081 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Hydro-Carbon Absorber and Catalyst (HCAC) valve stuck or actuator problem
How do I fix code P1081 LEXUSCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1081 LEXUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1081 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1081 LEXUS MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor. The ECM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) when the Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor is not to factory specifications. HCAC (Hydro-Carbon Absorber and Catalyst System) fault detected.
P1081 LEXUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1081 LEXUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals