P1078 NISSAN - Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 Circuit
P1078 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
- Crankshaft position sensor
How do I fix code P1078 NISSANCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1078 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1078 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?An excessively high or low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1078 NISSAN MeaningExhaust valve timing control position sensor detects the concave groove of the exhaust camshaft rear end.
This sensor signal is used for sensing a position of the exhaust camshaft.
This sensor uses a Hall IC.
Based on the position of the exhaust camshaft, ECM controls exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder to optimize the shut/open timing of exhaust valve for the driving condition.
P1078 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1078 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals