P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 - Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 Circuit
P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
- Crankshaft position sensor
How do I fix code P1078 2006 INFINITI G35
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 code detected?An excessively high or low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 MeaningExhaust valve timing control position sensor detects the concave groove of the exhaust camshaft rear end.
This sensor signal is used for sensing a position of the exhaust camshaft.
This sensor uses a Hall IC.
Based on the position of the exhaust camshaft, ECM controls exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder to optimize the shut/open timing of exhaust valve for the driving condition.
P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1078 2006 INFINITI G35 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals