P106B - Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Secondary Air Injection Pressure Sensor Correlation
P106B Possible Causes
- Canister pressure sensor (canister assembly)
- Faulty Manifold absolute pressure sensor
- Faulty Canister pressure sensor
- Canister pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Canister pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P106B
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P106B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P106B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P106B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P106B MeaningThe code is designed to detect a deviation in the output characteristics of a pressure sensor.
The pressure of the canister pressure sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor is monitored 55 minutes after the power switch is turned off. If there is a difference in the pressures, the MIL is illuminated (2 trip detection logic).
P106B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P106B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P106B Information for specific makes
- P106B AUDI Throttle Valve Stuck Or Difficult To Move
- P106B LEXUS Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Secondary Air Injection Pressure Sensor Correlation
- P106B TOYOTA Evaporative Emission System Pressure Sensor - Secondary Air Injection Pressure Sensor Correlation
- P106B VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Valve Stuck Or Difficult To Move