P1057 Code - Valvetronic Supply Voltage Control Motor Electrical
|P1057 code possible causes
- Faulty Valvetronic Control Motor
- Valvetronic Control Motor harness is open or shorted
- Valvetronic Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P1057 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P1057 code
The cost to diagnose the P1057 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P1057 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P1057 code meaning?
The Valvetronic (VVT) System is a Variable Valve Lift (VVL) system that, in combination with variable valve timing, allows infinite adjustment of the intake valve timing and duration. The system helps improve fuel economy and emissions and negates the need for a throttle body in regular use. The electronic control of the Valvetronic is dependent on, Voltage Limits, Adaptations, current and power stage temperature. The monitoring function performs an electrical diagnosis Of the DC motor lines. The goal of this function is to detect a short circuit at the VVL output stage. The function uses temperatures from the sensor outputs of the power stage. If the temperature of one power stage is greater than a threshold the function checks the output stage. If a short circuit is detected an error is set.
|P1057 code information for specific makes
- P1057 AUDI Bank 1 Camshaft Adjustment Short To Open Circuit
- P1057 BMW Valvetronic Supply Voltage Control Motor Electrical
- P1057 MINI Valvetronic Supply Voltage Control Motor Electrical
- P1057 VOLKSWAGEN Bank 1 Camshaft Adjustment Short To Open Circuit