P1030 - Valvetronics Monitoring Sluggish Movement
P1030 Possible Causes
- Faulty Valvetronic Motor
- Valvetronic Motor harness is open or shorted
- Valvetronic Motor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1030 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1030 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1030 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1030 MeaningControl Position Diagnosis is used to monitor the movement of the variable valve train system. If the actual angle movement is determined to be lower than a threshold and the current PWM signal (depending on battery voltage) is greater than a threshold an error is detected. If an error is detected, the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1030 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1030 AUDI Intake Manifold Air Control Valve Position Sensor Lower Limit Not Reached
- P1030 BMW Valvetronics Monitoring Sluggish Movement
- P1030 DODGE WOT Circ Low
- P1030 MINI Valvetronics Monitoring Sluggish Movement
- P1030 VOLKSWAGEN Intake Manifold Air Control Valve Position Sensor Lower Limit Not Reached