P1017 Possible Causes
- Faulty valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor harness is open or shorted
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Missing reluctor on valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor
How do I fix code P1017Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1017 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1017 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?Valvetronic eccentric shaft guiding sensor solenoid loss bank 1
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1017 MeaningValvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor Plausibility is the generic description for the P1017 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1017 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
P1017 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1017 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals