P1012 CADILLAC - Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Park Position Bank 1
P1012 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Turning the engine OFF while the accelerator pedal is pressed
- Turning the engine OFF while driving
- Pressing the accelerator pedal to start the engine
- An engine idle flare during a start-up
- An actuator that is in the full advance or retard position
How do I fix code P1012 CADILLAC
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1012 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1012 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1012 CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1012 CADILLAC MeaningExhaust Camshaft Position (CMP)
P1012 CADILLAC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1012 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals