P1004 MINI - Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor Guide
P1004 MINI Possible Causes
- Faulty valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor harness is open or shorted
- Valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Missing reluctor on valvetronic eccentric shaft sensor
How is the P1004 MINI code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1004 MINI code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1004 MINI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?Valvetronic eccentric shaft guiding sensor solenoid loss bank 1
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1004 MINI MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor. The ECM sets the OBDII code when the Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1004 MINI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals