P0D09 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Energy Control Module
- Battery Energy Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Battery Energy Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P0D09 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0D09 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0D09 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0D09 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0D09 MeaningThe hybrid/EV battery contains 4 high voltage contactors and 1 solid state relay (transistor). The high voltage contactors and transistor allow the high voltage DC batteries to be connected to the vehicle or contain the high voltage DC within the hybrid/EV battery assembly. The 4 high voltage contactors consist of a main positive high voltage contactor, main negative high voltage contactor, charge positive high voltage contactor and a precharge negative high voltage contactor. The transistor controls the battery heater high voltage positive circuit. The contactors and transistor close and open in a specific sequence controlled by the hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2. The hybrid/EV powertrain control module 2 supplies voltage to the control circuit for each high voltage contactor/transistor. Ground is provided through a vehicle ground external of the high voltage battery.
P0D09 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0D09 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0D09 Information for specific makes
- P0D09 BUICK Battery Charging System Positive Contactor Stuck Open
- P0D09 CADILLAC Battery Charging System Positive Contactor Stuck Open
- P0D09 CHEVROLET Battery Charging System Positive Contactor Stuck Open
- P0D09 GMC Battery Charging System Positive Contactor Stuck Open
- P0D09 SATURN Battery Charging System Positive Contactor Stuck Open