P0C77 - Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
P0C77 Possible Causes
- Faulty Inverter with converter assembly
- Inverter with converter assembly harness is open or shorted
- Inverter with converter assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Power management control ECU
How is the P0C77 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0C77 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0C77 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0C77 MeaningThe inverter contains a three-phase bridge circuit, which consists of six power transistors (IGBTs) each for MG1 and MG2. The inverter converts high-voltage direct current from the HV battery into three-phase alternating current for generator (MG1) and motor (MG2); it also converts three-phase alternating current supplied by generator (MG1) and motor (MG2) into direct current for the HV battery. The MG ECU controls the actuation of the power transistors (IGBTs). The inverter transmits information necessary for control, such as amperage and voltage, to the MG ECU.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0C77 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0C77 BUICK Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
- P0C77 CADILLAC Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
- P0C77 CHEVROLET Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
- P0C77 GMC Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
- P0C77 LEXUS Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short
- P0C77 TOYOTA Hybrid Battery System Precharge Time Too Short