P0C76 Possible Causes
- Faulty Inverter with converter assembly
- Inverter with converter assembly harness is open or shorted
- Inverter with converter assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Power management control ECU
How do I fix code P0C76
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0C76 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0C76 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0C76 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0C76 MeaningThe inverter contains a three-phase bridge circuit, which consists of six power transistors (IGBTs) each for MG1 and MG2. The inverter converts high-voltage direct current from the HV battery into three-phase alternating current for generator (MG1) and motor (MG2); it also converts three-phase alternating current supplied by generator (MG1) and motor (MG2) into direct current for the HV battery. The MG ECU controls the actuation of the power transistors (IGBTs). The inverter transmits information necessary for control, such as amperage and voltage, to the MG ECU.
P0C76 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0C76 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0C76 Information for specific makes
- P0C76 BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery System High Voltage Present
- P0C76 CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery System High Voltage Present
- P0C76 CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery System High Voltage Present
- P0C76 GMC Hybrid/EV Battery System High Voltage Present
- P0C76 LEXUS Hybrid Battery System Discharge Time Too Long
- P0C76 TOYOTA Hybrid Battery System Discharge Time Too Long