P0C57 Code - Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
|P0C57 code possible causes
- Faulty Drive Motor Generator
- Drive Motor Generator harness is open or shorted
- Drive Motor Generator circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P0C57 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0C57 code
The cost to diagnose the P0C57 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0C57 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0C57 code meaning?
The drive motor generator position sensor is monitored by the motor control module. The motor control module monitors the angular position, speed and direction of the drive motor generator rotor based upon the signals of the resolver-type position sensor. The position sensor contains a drive coil, two driven coils and an irregular shaped metallic rotor. The metallic rotor is mechanically attached to the shaft of the drive motor generator. At vehicle ON, the motor control module outputs a 7 volt ac, 10 kHz excitation signal to the drive coil. The drive coil excitation signal creates a magnetic field surrounding the two driven coils and the irregular shaped rotor. The motor control module then monitors the two driven coil circuits for a return signal. The position of the irregular metallic rotor causes the magnetically-induced return signals of the driven coils to vary in size and shape. A comparison of the two driven coils signals allows the motor control module to determine the exact position, speed and direction of the drive motor generator rotor. The position sensor is a non-serviceable part of the drive motor generator.
|P0C57 code information for specific makes
- P0C57 BUICK Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
- P0C57 CADILLAC Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
- P0C57 CHEVROLET Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
- P0C57 GMC Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage
- P0C57 SATURN Drive Motor 2 Position Sensor Circuit 1 Low Voltage