P0ACD - Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 'C' Circuit High
P0ACD Possible Causes
- Faulty HV Battery Assembly (HV battery temperature sensor)
- HV Battery Assembly harness is open or shorted
- HV Battery Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Battery smart unit
How is the P0ACD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0ACD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0ACD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0ACD MeaningThe battery temperature sensors are provided at 3 locations of the HV battery. The resistance of the thermistor, which is built into each battery temperature sensor, varies in accordance with changes in the HV battery temperature. The lower the battery temperature, the higher the thermistor resistance. Conversely, the higher the temperature, the lower the resistance. The battery smart unit uses the battery temperature sensors to detect the HV battery temperature, and sends the detected value to the power management control ECU. Based on the results of this detection, the power management control ECU controls the blower fan. (The blower fan starts when HV battery temperature rises above a predetermined level.)
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0ACD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0ACD BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Temperature Sensor 3 Circuit High Voltage
- P0ACD CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Temperature Sensor 3 Circuit High Voltage
- P0ACD CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Temperature Sensor 3 Circuit High Voltage
- P0ACD GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Temperature Sensor 3 Circuit High Voltage
- P0ACD LEXUS Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 'C' Circuit High
- P0ACD TOYOTA Hybrid Battery Temperature Sensor 'C' Circuit High