P0A3F - Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
P0A3F Possible Causes
- Faulty Drive Motor Generator
- Drive Motor Generator harness is open or shorted
- Drive Motor Generator circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0A3F code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0A3F code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0A3F code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0A3F MeaningThe drive motor position sensor is monitored by the motor control module. The motor control module monitors the angular position, speed and direction of the drive motor generator rotor based upon the signals of the resolver-type position sensor. The position sensor contains a drive coil, two driven coils and an irregular shaped metallic rotor. The metallic rotor is mechanically attached to the shaft of the drive motor generator. At vehicle ON, the motor control module outputs a 7 volt ac, 10 kHz excitation signal to the drive coil. The drive coil excitation signal creates a magnetic field surrounding the two driven coils and the irregular shaped rotor. The motor control module then monitors the two driven coil circuits for a return signal. The position of the irregular metallic rotor causes the magnetically-induced return signals of the driven coils to vary in size and shape. A comparison of the two driven coils signals allows the motor control module to determine the exact position, speed and direction of the drive motor generator rotor. The position sensor is a non-serviceable part of the drive motor.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0A3F code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0A3F BUICK Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F CADILLAC Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F CHEVROLET Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F GMC Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F LEXUS Drive Motor 'A' Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F SATURN Drive Motor 1 Position Sensor Circuit
- P0A3F TOYOTA Drive Motor 'A' Position Sensor Circuit