P0A0D KIA - High Voltage System Interlock Circuit High
P0A0D KIA Possible Causes
- The hybrid battery Safety Plug
- The hybrid battery main relay
- Faulty Battery Management System Control Unit (BMS-ECU)
- Battery Management System Control Unit (BMS-ECU) harness is open or shorted
- Battery Management System Control Unit (BMS-ECU) circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0A0D KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0A0D KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0A0D KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0A0D KIA MeaningThe Battery Management System Control Unit (BMS-ECU) sets P0A0D when the Safety Plug, which powers to the High Voltage Battery is in an off state or removed, the bus bar which connects the battery cell in series is open or the 125A/DC 450V capacity fuse which is installed to the internal of safety plug is melted.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0A0D KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals