P0985 2011 TOYOTA CAMRY - Shift Solenoid 'E' Control Circuit Low Valve SR
P0985 2011 Toyota Camry Possible Causes
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Low transmission fluid level
- Faulty pressure control solenoid valve SR
- Pressure control solenoid valve SR harness is open or shorted
- Pressure control solenoid valve SR circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Cost of diagnosing the P0985 2011 Toyota Camry code
The cost of diagnosing the P0985 2011 Toyota Camry code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?
Engine Control Module (ECM) detectes an open or shorted condition on the solenoid circuit
P0985 2011 Toyota Camry Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Shift shock
P0985 2011 Toyota Camry Meaning
Shifting from 1st to 5th is performed in combination with ”ON” and ”OFF” operation of the shift solenoid valves SL1, SL2, SL3, S4 and SR which is controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM
). If an open or short circuit occurs in either of the shift solenoid valves, the ECM
controls the remaining normal shift solenoid valve to allow the vehicle to be operated smoothly (Fail safe function).