P0975 - Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit Range/Performance
P0975 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'B' valve
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve circuit is open or shorted
How is the P0975 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0975 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0975 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0975 MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) commands gear shifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF . When there is an open or short circuit in any shift solenoid valve circuit, the ECM detects the problem and illuminates the engine light and stores the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), and the ECM performs the fail-safe function and turns the other shift solenoids valves in good condition ON/OFF .
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0975 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0975 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit Range/Performance