P0974 - Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
P0974 Possible Causes
- Faulty Shift Solenoid 'A'
- Shift Solenoid 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Shift Solenoid 'A' electrical circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0974 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0974 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0974 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0974 MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) commands gear shifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF . When there is an open or short circuit in any shift solenoid valve circuit, the ECM detects the problem and illuminates the engine light and stores the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). And the ECM performs the fail-safe function and turns the other shift solenoids valves in good condition ON/OFF .
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0974 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0974 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'A' Open
- P0974 BUICK Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 CADILLAC Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 CHEVROLET Shift Solenoid 'A' Open Or Short To Power 📷
- P0974 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'A' Open
- P0974 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 SCION Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High
- P0974 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit High