P0961 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit Range/Performance
P0961 Possible Causes
- Faulty Pressure Control Solenoid 'A'
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0961 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0961 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0961 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0961 MeaningThe Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0961 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0961 BUICK Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 CADILLAC Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 CHEVROLET Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 DODGE Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit Range/Performance
- P0961 GMC Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance