P0958 - Auto Shift Manual Mode Circuit High
P0958 Possible Causes
- Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
- Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
- Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0958 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0958 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0958 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0958 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Auto Shift Manual signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0958 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0958 DODGE Auto Shift Manual Mode Circuit High