P0956 Code - Auto Shift Manual Mode Circuit Range/Performance
|P0956 code possible causes
- Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
- Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
- Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P0956 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0956 code
The cost to diagnose the P0956 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0956 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0956 code meaning?
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Auto Shift Manual signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch is not to factory specifications.
|P0956 code information for specific makes
- P0956 DODGE Auto Shift Manual Mode Circuit Range/Performance