P0953 Possible Causes
- Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
- Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
- Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0953
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0953 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0953 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0953 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0953 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Auto Shift Manual signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch is not to factory specifications.
P0953 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0953 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0953 Information for specific makes
- P0953 DODGE Auto Shift Manual Control Circuit High