P0951 Possible Causes
- Faulty Auto Shift Manual Switch
- Auto Shift Manual Switch harness is open or shorted
- Auto Shift Manual Switch circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P0951 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P0951 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0951 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0951 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0951 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Auto Shift Manual signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the signal from the Auto Shift Manual Switch is not to factory specifications.
P0951 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0951 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0951 Information for specific makes
- P0951 DODGE Auto Shift Manual Control Circuit Range/Performance