P0916 - Gear Shift Position Circuit Low
P0916 Possible Causes
- Faulty Gear Shift Position Sensor
- Gear Shift Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Gear Shift Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0916?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0916 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0916 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0916 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Gear Shift Position Sensor. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Gear Shift Position Sensor is not to factory specifications.
P0916 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0916 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0916 DODGE Gear Shift Position Circuit Low