P0909 - Gate Select Control Error
P0909 Possible Causes
- Faulty Gate Select Position Actuator
- Gate Select Position Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Gate Select Position Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0909?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0909 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0909 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0909 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Gate Select Position Actuator. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Gate Select Position Actuator is not to factory specifications.
P0909 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0909 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0909 DODGE Gate Select Control Error