P0905 - Gate Select Position Circuit Range/Performance
P0905 Possible Causes
- Faulty Gate Select Position Actuator
- Gate Select Position Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Gate Select Position Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0905 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0905 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0905 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0905 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Gate Select Position Actuator. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Gate Select Position Actuator is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0905 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0905 DODGE Gate Select Position Circuit Range/Performance