P0898 Code - Transmission Control System MIL Request Circuit Low
|P0898 code possible causes
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P0898 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0898 code
The cost to diagnose the P0898 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0898 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0898 code meaning?
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) requests the Engine Control Module (ECM
) to set the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). The ECM
sets the OBDII code when the there is a problem communicating to the TCM through the MIL request circuit.
|P0898 code information for specific makes
- P0898 DODGE Transmission Control System MIL Request Circuit Low