P0898 - Transmission Control System MIL Request Circuit Low
P0898 Possible Causes
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0898 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0898 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0898 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0898 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) requests the Engine Control Module (ECM) to set the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). The ECM sets the OBDII code when the there is a problem communicating to the TCM through the MIL request circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0898 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0898 DODGE Transmission Control System MIL Request Circuit Low