P0869 - Transmission Fluid Pressure High
- Low / Dirty Transmission Fluid
- Faulty Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor
- Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) continuously monitors actual line pressure and compares it to the desired line pressure. If the difference between actual line pressure and desired line pressure is 10 psi (.7 kg/cm2 ) or greater, DTC P0867 will set. Transmission system will default to open loop line pressure control resulting in a fixed solenoid duty cycle. This duty cycle will change slightly depending on temperature and current gear.