P0864 AUDI - TCM Communication Circuit Range/Performance
P0864 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0864 AUDI?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0864 AUDI code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0864 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0864 AUDI MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The ECM sets the OBDII when there is a problem communicating with the TCM.
P0864 AUDI More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0864 AUDI code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals