P0863 - TCM Communication Circuit
P0863 Possible Causes
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P0863 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0863 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0863 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0863 MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The ECM sets the OBDII when there is a problem communicating with the TCM.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0863 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals