P0862 Code - Gear Shift Control Module 'A' Communication Circuit High
|P0862 code possible causes
- Faulty Gear Shift Control Module 'A'
- Gear Shift Control Module 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Gear Shift Control Module 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the P0862 code repair?
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the P0862 code
The cost to diagnose the P0862 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0862 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is P0862 code meaning?
The Engine Control Module (ECM
) monitors the Gear Shift Control Module. The ECM
sets the OBDII when there is a problem communicating with the Gear Shift Control Module.
|P0862 code information for specific makes
- P0862 DODGE Gear Shift Control Module 'A' Communication Circuit High