P0861 - Gear Shift Control Module 'A' Communication Circuit Low
P0861 Possible Causes
- Faulty Gear Shift Control Module 'A'
- Gear Shift Control Module 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Gear Shift Control Module 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P0861 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P0861 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P0861 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0861 MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Gear Shift Control Module. The ECM sets the OBDII when there is a problem communicating with the Gear Shift Control Module.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0861 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0861 DODGE Gear Shift Control Module 'A' Communication Circuit Low