P0850 - Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
P0850 Possible Causes
- Faulty Park/Neutral Switch
- Park/Neutral Switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/Neutral Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0850?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0850 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0850 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The signal of the park/neutral position (PNP) switch is not changed in the process of engine starting and driving.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0850 MeaningThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the Park/Neutral Switch signal. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the Park/Neutral Switch is not to factory specifications.
P0850 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0850 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0850 BUICK Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
- P0850 CADILLAC Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
- P0850 CHEVROLET Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
- P0850 CHRYSLER Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
- P0850 DODGE Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
- P0850 GMC Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
- P0850 INFINITI Park/Neutral Switch
- P0850 JEEP Park/Neutral Switch Input Circuit
- P0850 NISSAN Park/Neutral Switch
- P0850 PONTIAC Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit
- P0850 SATURN Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit